Re: [BKARTS] Self Publishing... Online Publishers... something.. help!

I've seen one lulu book so far, and it was actually pretty nice. Can't speak for the experience the artist had working with them, but it was higher quality than I expected.
Michelle W.

Jim Karr <books@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: A friend and fellow photographer is looking to do a run of 500-1000
books and needs to keep production costs around $15-20, which eliminates
hand production of the book. It would be reproductions of band posters
by a famous Chicago artist.. so needs to be 4 color, and good to
excellent printing to reproduce the images of these well known bands.
So, I've looked... Blurb, printing isn't nearly up to par.. lulu, I've
heard isn't much better. I just saw Xlibris and wondered if they are any
better.. but wondering if anyone here on Book Arts has an idea?

We'll be doing a limited edition selling for more that we'll hand bind
and produce.. but we need something for the masses..

Thanks,

Jim

          See  for full information

Member Artist of www.inliquid.com