Re: [BKARTS] gilding large areas

bill i think you are right. we have bindings by tini, hugo pellar and sylvia rennie in our collection at the Lilly that use both gold and silver metallic leathers. not sure on a source-will look at my samples and get back . j

Quoting William Minter <wminter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Since no one seems to have responded (at least to this List), I'll
take a stab:    If I remember correctly, I think that Tini uses
leather from France that is already gilt. Someone who has taken a
class more recently will know for sure.
Bill Minter