Re: [BKARTS] Name for Blank Pages?

No answer here, more questions----is there any resource (web or book) that gives all the various names for all the aspects of a book? I'd like to be able to recognize different bindings, and also to know parts of the book (cover, title page, colophon, etc. is about all I know names for). What is the edge opposite the binding called? Does the word "centerfold" get used in book arts for that place where the stitches/ staples/ binding shows on one whole page in the center? And an answer to Paula's question as well---there's got to be a word for it!

-Joan E. Stoltman
Graduate Student, History of Art and Design, Pratt Institute

Sally Jackson wrote:
Fly leaf, perhaps? I know that is the name given to a single blank page, so perhaps it applies to several blank pages as well.

Sally