[Table of Contents] [Search]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [BKARTS] Name for Blank Pages?

The Roberts/Etherington book, "Bookbinding and the Conservation of Books" 
also shows that blank pages are sometimes called, "blank leaves," page 

     The unprinted leaves at the front and back of a book.  
     They may be an integral part of the book as received from 
     the publisher (printer's flyleaves), or they may be added by 
     the bookbinder (binder's flyleaves).  They are not necessarily 
     part of the endpapers.


Marcia Watt

          The Bonefolder, Vol. 4, No. 1, 2007 is Now Online at
             For all your subscription questions, go to the
                      Book_Arts-L FAQ and Archive.
          See <http://www.philobiblon.com> for full information

[Subject index] [Index for current month] [Table of Contents] [Search]


Search BookArts Archives

This page last changed: March 07, 2008