[BKARTS] Bookbinder Job Posting

Career Opportunity for Professional-level Bookbinder

Marquand Books, Inc. & Marquand Editions|Tieton design and produce fine
illustrated books for art museums, galleries, trade publishers, artists,
collectors, and architects.

We have a full-time Supervisory position avaailable for a trained
Bookbinder.

Requirements:
* Bachelor¹s Degree or equivalent in Bookbinding, Book Arts, or related,
with substantial training in bookbinding
* Experience editioning cloth, leather and paper case-bindings
* Familiarity with many binding styles & structures
* Experience with hot foil stamping
* Experience working in a production setting

Pluses:
* Management experience
* Familiarity with letterpress printing
* Familiarity with Mac OSX

Responsibilities:

·     Production bindery of limited edition art books in quantities of
approximately 25-200
·     Develop and maintain efficient production line procedures
·     Train entry-level binders
·     Supervise staff of 2-3 binders (we will be adding more binders to the
staff as necessary)
·     Help build production schedules & determine estimates for labor on
jobs. This will involve modifying &/or designing bindings to satisfy client
expectations as well as time and cost restrictions.
·     Keep bindery on track to meet deadlines and cost projections
·     Track and maintain necessary quantities of materials in the bindery,
including general stock and stock ordered for specific jobs
·     Production of  binding models
·     Equipment/tool/facilities maintenance

Compensation:

DOE- Salary offered will increase commensurate with experience, but starts
at 25,000/year + generous benefits after three months. The right candidate
will also have access to our well-equipped workshops (letterpress shop,
printmaking studio & bindery) for making personal work.

Start date is somewhat flexible, but preferably May/June 2008.

Please e-mail a cover letter briefly stating your reasons for interest in
the position and resume to: carlas@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Visit www.marquand.com for information about what we do, and
www.mightytieton.com for information about the location of the job.

Feel free to forward this to anyone off-list you think might be interested
in the position. -Thanks!

Best to all,
Carla

Carla Schultz