Re: [BKARTS] Bookbinder Job Posting

The job is located in Tieton,Washington. About 2 1/2  hours from Seattle.
Marquand Books is based in Seattle, with our production facilities in
Tieton.

 If you visit www.mightytieton.com, you'll get the scoop on the area &
what's going on out here.

Thanks for your interest!

Carla

On 3/7/08 11:45 AM, "Judy" <judy@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Where, where, where, please?
>
> Signa
>

> Carla Schultz wrote:
>> Career Opportunity for Professional-level Bookbinder
>>

>> Marquand Books, Inc. & Marquand Editions|Tieton design and produce fine
>> illustrated books for art museums, galleries, trade publishers, artists,
>> collectors, and architects.
>>
>> We have a full-time Supervisory position avaailable for a trained
>> Bookbinder.
>>
>> Requirements:
>> * Bachelor¹s Degree or equivalent in Bookbinding, Book Arts, or related,
>> with substantial training in bookbinding
>> * Experience editioning cloth, leather and paper case-bindings
>> * Familiarity with many binding styles & structures
>> * Experience with hot foil stamping
>> * Experience working in a production setting
>>
>> Pluses:
>> * Management experience
>> * Familiarity with letterpress printing
>> * Familiarity with Mac OSX
>>
>> Responsibilities:
>>
>> ·     Production bindery of limited edition art books in quantities of
>> approximately 25-200
>> ·     Develop and maintain efficient production line procedures
>> ·     Train entry-level binders
>> ·     Supervise staff of 2-3 binders (we will be adding more binders to the
>> staff as necessary)
>> ·     Help build production schedules & determine estimates for labor on
>> jobs. This will involve modifying &/or designing bindings to satisfy client
>> expectations as well as time and cost restrictions.
>> ·     Keep bindery on track to meet deadlines and cost projections
>> ·     Track and maintain necessary quantities of materials in the bindery,
>> including general stock and stock ordered for specific jobs
>> ·     Production of  binding models
>> ·     Equipment/tool/facilities maintenance
>>
>> Compensation:
>>
>> DOE- Salary offered will increase commensurate with experience, but starts
>> at 25,000/year + generous benefits after three months. The right candidate
>> will also have access to our well-equipped workshops (letterpress shop,
>> printmaking studio & bindery) for making personal work.
>>
>> Start date is somewhat flexible, but preferably May/June 2008.
>>
>> Please e-mail a cover letter briefly stating your reasons for interest in
>> the position and resume to: carlas@xxxxxxxxxxxx
>>
>> Visit www.marquand.com for information about what we do, and
>> www.mightytieton.com for information about the location of the job.
>>
>> Feel free to forward this to anyone off-list you think might be interested
>> in the position. -Thanks!
>>
>> Best to all,
>> Carla
>>
>> Carla Schultz
>> Book Arts Manager
>>
>> Marquand Editions | Tieton
>> Marquand Books, Inc
>> 613 Elm Street | Tieton, WA 98947
>> http://www.marquand.com

>>                       Book_Arts-L FAQ and Archive.
>>           See <http://www.philobiblon.com> for full information

> [...]

509-793-3318 (cell) | 206-624-1822 (fax)
http://www.marquand.com