Re: [BKARTS] Bookbinder Job Posting

Thank you.

Signa
The job is located in Tieton,Washington. About 2 1/2  hours from Seattle.
Marquand Books is based in Seattle, with our production facilities in
Tieton.

 If you visit www.mightytieton.com, you'll get the scoop on the area &
what's going on out here.

Thanks for your interest!

Carla

On 3/7/08 11:45 AM, "Judy" <judy@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Where, where, where, please?

Signa

Carla Schultz wrote:
Career Opportunity for Professional-level Bookbinder

Marquand Books, Inc. & Marquand Editions|Tieton design and produce fine
illustrated books for art museums, galleries, trade publishers, artists,
collectors, and architects.

We have a full-time Supervisory position avaailable for a trained
Bookbinder.
Requirements:
* Bachelor¹s Degree or equivalent in Bookbinding, Book Arts, or related,
with substantial training in bookbinding
* Experience editioning cloth, leather and paper case-bindings
* Familiarity with many binding styles & structures
* Experience with hot foil stamping
* Experience working in a production setting
Pluses:
* Management experience
* Familiarity with letterpress printing
* Familiarity with Mac OSX
Responsibilities:

· Production bindery of limited edition art books in quantities of
approximately 25-200
· Develop and maintain efficient production line procedures
· Train entry-level binders
· Supervise staff of 2-3 binders (we will be adding more binders to the
staff as necessary)
· Help build production schedules & determine estimates for labor on
jobs. This will involve modifying &/or designing bindings to satisfy client
expectations as well as time and cost restrictions.
· Keep bindery on track to meet deadlines and cost projections
· Track and maintain necessary quantities of materials in the bindery,
including general stock and stock ordered for specific jobs
· Production of binding models
· Equipment/tool/facilities maintenance
Compensation:
DOE- Salary offered will increase commensurate with experience, but starts
at 25,000/year + generous benefits after three months. The right candidate
will also have access to our well-equipped workshops (letterpress shop,
printmaking studio & bindery) for making personal work.
Start date is somewhat flexible, but preferably May/June 2008.

Please e-mail a cover letter briefly stating your reasons for interest in
the position and resume to: carlas@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Visit www.marquand.com for information about what we do, and
www.mightytieton.com for information about the location of the job.

Feel free to forward this to anyone off-list you think might be interested
in the position. -Thanks!

Best to all,
Carla

Carla Schultz
Book Arts Manager

Marquand Editions | Tieton
Marquand Books, Inc
613 Elm Street | Tieton, WA 98947
http://www.marquand.com

Carla Schultz Book Arts Manager

Marquand Editions | Tieton
Marquand Books, Inc
613 Elm Street | Tieton, WA 98947
509-793-3318 (cell) | 206-624-1822 (fax)
http://www.marquand.com