Re: [BKARTS] online book manufacturing??

I've used blurb for publishing photography and sketchbooks and have been
pretty pleased w/ the results (though my pro-photographer friend found some
frustration w/ inconsistent grey tones).
I made an animated gif of what it looks like to flip through my hard cover
7x7 book here:
http://www.sweet101.net/animation.gif

1. People can order directly through blurb.com (though they have to sign in
to make an account) - there is a preview function on the website.... eg :
http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/67300
2. They start giving discounts at when you purchase 10 or more
3. You have to use their software to arrange your book and upload it (it's
pretty easy and useful w/ a variety of layouts)...when I want total control
over the page, I just use an image which covers the entire page.
4. Prices reasonable, though when you get to more pages it's a bit harder to
find a profit from resale.
  e.g. my 160 pg. full color book cost $34 to print-
5. Takes about 5 days to print + mail time.

Hope this is helpful- I've used iPhoto (will never again) and Qoop to print
and found Blurb to be better quality and price with more options for selling
and sharing.

Cheers,
Raylene
www.sweet101.net