To: <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, March 18, 2008 4:03 AM
Subject: Source? MINI Copper Nails..

So, I've been inspired to do some copper work like Dolph Smith in the Penland Book of Handmade Books. His work on pages 156-181 show him using copper sheeting and mini copper nails.

While I have had no problem locating copper sheeting, so many craft stores carry it, I have had ZERO luck with miniature copper nails. I've found brass, stainless, etc.. but no copper, yet Dolph clearly is using them on his projects.

Any ideas???? Searching for "copper nails" turns up tons of nails,but all for roofing and a wee bit too big (by about 2 inches!) to use on such a small scale.

Thanks!

Jim