Re: [BKARTS] meso-american codices

Charles, who is the "We" and what is the title of the collection?

Tom Trusky, Director
Hemingway Western Studies Center and
Professor of English
Boise State University
1910 University Drive
Boise, ID  83725
USA
(208) 426-1999 tel
(208) 426-4373 fax
ttrusky@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://english.boisestate.edu/ttrusky

>>> Charles Jones <cjones@xxxxxxxxx> 03/18/08 7:08 AM >>>
We have recently published a collection of Mesoamerican (Nahuatl)
poetry in Nahuatl, Spanish and English with color etchings by the
Mexican artist Carolina Vinamata of the San Carlos Academy in Mexico DF.
There is a large body of literature that escaped the destruction of
books that accompanied the conquest. The Post Classic period of
Precolumbian art  is also known as the historical period.\
Cheers,

Charles Jones

On Mar 17, 2008, at 7:34 PM, Don Drake wrote:

> All,
>
> There is an episode of the podcast History According to Bob that
> summarizes the major Meso-American codices and their contents. I
> didn't know such things existed! Some may be interested.
>
> Go to http://www.historyaccordingtobob.com/ and follow the Archives
> link. Look for Codexes of Mexican History -mp3. They only stay on
> the archive for a month or so.

LaNana Creek Press

Nacogdoches, TX 75962
http://lananacreekpress.com/