[BKARTS] Gluing Leather to Buckram, or other suggestions for attaching a metal cover to a book.

For one of the wedding albums I am currently binding, my client wants a metal cover on her wedding album. I've acquired some 36guage brushed stainless steel to mount as the cover. I had 2 thoughts on how to mount the steel.

One was to use the high strength Filmoplast T to attach to tape the metal to the spine of the book. If I did this front and back, I figured that it would be strong enough, but then the problem would be attaching the block to the metal, which I'd assume a really strong double sided adhesive sheet would do just fine.

Option two would be to create my cover with buckram or leather and then attach the metal to the front using strong double sided adhesive.

Any thoughts?

Thank You