From: Book_Arts-L [mailto:BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jim
Karr
Sent: Friday, March 21, 2008 6:21 AM
To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [BKARTS] Low cost leathers???

I've found a few places that have wonderful selections of leather, however,
the pricing is such that I really can't even begin to afford
it.   I've been trying to get an account with a leather company in CA,
but I've been having difficulties, which I try to get in touch with them
again after Easter.   I've found a few smaller companies like Garlin
Neumann out of NH.   They have pretty good pricing at $2.45.sq ft.  for
glazed/nappa goat.   $2.25 for 1.5oz Veg cow and $3.10/sq for garment goat.

So, any other good sources I should be looking at?   I know once in a
while Ebay is going to be a good source.  However, I need to be able to get
the same colors consistently.  Because I'm binding wedding albums, I need to
have a stock of colors available.  I can't take the risk of someone ordering
an album with a leather I purchased off ebay and it's something I can no
longer get.  Unless I find a stellar deal and can purchase a couple hides
and offer that style only while I have it.

Anyway, that's for your time, it means a lot.. anything will help!