Re: [BKARTS] Low cost leathers???

leather prices - it all depends on what you want.  there is no free lunch
in the leather business, especially if you are going to buy one hide at a
time.  if you can live with  "price point" leather, certainly don't pay
for the gourmet stuff.  if you need the real thing, you will have to pay
for it.  ultimately, what is your customer going to expect?  if their idea
of "quality" is low price, by all means satisfy that.
by the way, if price is the object, try pig suede.  that can be had in
lots of places for a buck eighty.