Re: [BKARTS] Low cost leathers???

Jim Karr wrote:
I've found a few places that have wonderful selections of leather, however, the pricing is such that I really can't even begin to afford it.

Jim --

Have you tried Brettun's leathers in Maine?
http://www.brettunsvillage.com/leather/

I've bought a few pcs. from them, not for bookbinding, and they have
an amazing variety. Also cheap, friendly, fast shipping. You can get
on their newsletter list, at least.

As with other "arts/crafts as business," if you can't afford the materials you need, maybe you should raise your prices? Re-vamp your
marketing strategy? This is a constant topic in other crafts. Do you
get Crafts Report? It's gotten a bit thin with the new publisher, but
it always has good business-related articles.

Good luck with your business!

-- Susan Fatemi sjfatemi@xxxxxxxxxxxx