To: <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, March 21, 2008 3:14 PM
Subject: Re: [BKARTS] Low cost leathers???

Siegel of Ca has all the same leathers as bookbinders workshop except for
the alum, and at much lower prices.

Siegel doesn't have a huge variety of bookbinding leathers, but what they do
have is good quality.

As for myself, I buy their tooling kips or natural calf and goatskin and dye
it myself. That way, I am assured of the color I want.

Beth Stegenga
Paternoster Row Books