Re: [BKARTS] Low cost leathers???

Beth-

Being VERY inexperience with leather, I wouldn't take the risk of dying myself. Color consistency is an absolute must.. and well.. I'd rather leave that to some people that know what they are doing!

Jim

Elizabeth Stegenga wrote:
Siegel of Ca has all the same leathers as bookbinders workshop except for
the alum, and at much lower prices.

Siegel doesn't have a huge variety of bookbinding leathers, but what they do
have is good quality.

As for myself, I buy their tooling kips or natural calf and goatskin and dye
it myself. That way, I am assured of the color I want.

Beth Stegenga
Paternoster Row Books