[BKARTS] Winner: 2007 Florida Artists' Book Prize

Broward County Library's
Bienes Museum of the Modern Book
The Dianne and Michael Bienes Special Collections and Rare Book Library
and
The Florida Center for the Book
are pleased to announce the winner of the eleventh annual (2007) Florida Artists' Book Prize:

Chiarlone, Rosemarie
Target / [Rosemarie Chiarlone, artist; Susan Weiner, poet]
- [Miami Beach, FL: The Artist], 2007.
1 bookwork ([6] leaves); 31 x 31 x 1.5 cm.

[Cover title. - "...six portfolio leaves of punctured Fabriano Classico paper... punctures are made with a 22 gauge needle Helvetica font ranging from 1 1/2 " to ½ ". The text is from the poem "Target" by Susan Weiner; I see you totally focused; desperate to make the mark; staring at every part of me; yet you can't ever see me. Covers are laminated Davey board lined with white, 100% cotton fabric, bound by Lea Nickless. The square shaped portfolio style book has a small circular indentation 5 cm. in diameter, in the center of the front cover ... steel tipped, wooden dart with white turkey feathers, and a natural color leather cord... Inside covers and flaps are lined with Fabriano sheets. Matte Dura-Lar end sheets lie within these flaps. Edition #1 of two, 2007." - Colophon]

Please see the entire book online at:

http://digilab.browardlibrary.org/cdm4/document.php?CISOROOT=/2007fabp&CISOPTR=60&REC=10

and visit the entire exhibition at:

www.digilab.browardlibrary.org<http://www.digilab.browardlibrary.org/>

A 10-page printed exhibition catalog is also available free-of-charge.

James (Jim) A. Findlay
Bienes Museum Librarian
Broward County Library -- Main Library
954-357-8692 (office)
954-357-6762 (fax)
jfindlay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:jfindlay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Main Library
Bienes Museum of the Modern Book
The Dianne and Michael Bienes Special Collections and Rare Book Library
100 S. Andrews Ave.
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33301

www.broward.org/library/bienes_about.htm<http://www.broward.org/library/bienes_about.htm>

http://digilab.browardlibrary.org<http://digilab.browardlibrary.org/>