EXPLORING TUNNEL BOOKS

A Hands-On Workshop
With Ed Hutchins

Saturday, April 12, 2008
9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.

Tunnel books have cutout panels, which expand to
create three-dimensional scenes.  No other book
structure is quicker to draw the viewer/reader into
the very heart of the contents. We will start with an
historic overview and look at both old and new models.
Then we will make a simple one-sheet tunnel book and
work our way up to an interesting and
multi-dimensional structure with several panels, text
pages, and unfolding side hinges. Come and learn how
to make your own expanding structures that turn into
magical dioramas.

Come and join the fun.

As a book artist, Ed Hutchins has taught, lectured,
curated shows, directed book arts programs and crafted
editioned books while traveling across the U.S.A.,
Canada and Mexico. Since 1989 he has been the owner of
Editions, a workshop for producing artist book
multiples.

Full day workshop only $65 plus $10 material fee
Reservations required

Chadwick Bookbinding
213 Route 375
West Hurley, NY 12491

Create a Home Theater Like the Pros. Watch
the video on AOL Home.