Re: [BKARTS] shipping options

Wed, 26 Mar 2008 12:18:34 -0700 Dave Allen wrote:

Randi,
I would be very cautious about accepting that fact because the same paperwork has to be done for both air and ground shipments. I wonder if what will happen is that, like my experience with FedEx, you will get billed for the brokerage months later.
Dave

I've experienced the FedEx delayed billing; the bill (for GST, PST and a $7 handling fee) arrived about 6 weeks after the shipment. No brokerage fee was charged.

It has already been 5 months since receipt of the UPS Air parcel, and no brokerage bill... (yet?). (Unfortunately, I don't have the paperwork for that UPS Air shipment; it was an item sent to my son, and he tossed the paperwork once he was sure the goods were good, so to speak.) I do recall that the bill paid at the door was for GST only - no brokerage.

On the other hand, the UPS Ground shipment had a bill for GST on the goods, a brokerage fee, and then GST on the brokerage fee.