Re: [BKARTS] Removing dried PVA from brushes??

Hi Jim,
I read all the other comments to you about cleaning and I agree with them but I thought it worth while to add that some brushes clean up easier than others. A good pig bristle brush will clean up fairly easily if soaked in water, perhaps with a bit of detergent to help penetration, because bristle swells a bit when wet. That means that an alternate drying and soaking over time will eventually, and gently, remove most stuck on bits. That's why those expensive French bookbinding brushes are worth the extra money <grin>.
Good luck,
Dave

840 Snowdrop Ave. Victoria BC V8Z 2N4
(250)888-9380    http://www.Bookbinder.ca

Jim Karr wrote:
So, I completely spaced the other night and left my glue brush, full of PVA sitting on my bench. Did I completely screw it up or is there some way to remove the dried PVA from the brush?