Re: [BKARTS] Removing dried PVA from brushes??

Give it a try. Start with very hot water (nearly boiling), then go to isopropyl or rubbing alcohol. Because most PVAs are thermoplastic (they will set up or soften in heat, the presoak is useful. The the alcohol. I used to do this regularly, and I would also give my brushes a general cleaning with rubbing alcohol from time to time. Easy and inexpensive. I never had to though away a brush, but then I never had one with 10-year old glue in it either.

Carol Pratt
Co. Kerry, Ireland

----