Re: [BKARTS] Correcting an attribution

Here is the url for World Cat: <http://www.worldcat.org/> Go there and type in the incorrect author and the name of your book, and it will give you the names of all the libraries that have your book listed incorrectly. You can then contact each of those libraries. What a hassle!

Bob

Barbara Harman wrote:
Hello All,

I have been in the process of updating my database of book arts collections and discovered by accident that my work "Some Mountains" has been incorrectly attributed to a Barbara Leah Harman in a couple of libraries. In contacting these to let them know, I received the following response from one:

"We have removed the middle name of the artist/writer of the book, so the artist/writer is now listed as Barbara Harman. This will correct the record in our catalog, however, we noticed that it is incorrectly attributed at 25 other institutions in the WorldCat database. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Thanks,
Jason J. Buydos
Director, Technical Services
Public Library of Cincinnati and Hamilton County"

This is very troubling to me and I do not know how to go about finding, much less correcting, all of these erroneous entries. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. I also sent the same question to Jason Buydos at Cincinnati. Thanks, Barbara

Barbara Harman
bjharman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.barbaraharman.com