Re: [BKARTS] Washington DC Book Arts

for history of the book...
The University of Maryland in College Park has an exhibit:
/The Well-Dressed Book: Cloth Book Binding in the United States 1830-1920
/"the history and artistry of 19th-century book binding"
http://www.lib.umd.edu/mdrm/gallery/bindings/exhibit.html

And you could check the Freer, Sackler, Folger, Library of Congress for their exhibition schedules.
For example, the Freer's Arts of the Islamic World has a section on 'calligraphy, illumination, bookbinding' but I don't know how extensive it is.

-R.G.

Margaret Fenney wrote:
Hello All,

I'll be in DC in May and would like to visit places related to book arts or
the history of the book.

Thanks,

Margie Fenney