[BKARTS] Wood French Percussion Press for Sale

For Slale: Bertrand Frères standing press, about 6 feet tall, 27" wide. 28" daylight. Platen is about 10+" x 20", but you can use wider boards. I use 16" x 20" pressing boards with it. Excellent working condition, in everyday use in my bindery. There is a photo of the press at http://minsky.com/gallery.htm. Price $7,500.00. as is, where is. Pick it up here ( I originally picked it up decades ago in my 1974 Oldsmobile 98--you can disassemble it easily and fit it in a big car) or have it shipped. It's about 250 pounds. I would advise having it crated if you plan to have it trucked.

The bindery is in Hudson, NY, about 2 hours north of NYC and a half hour south of Albany. There is some checking of the wood, as is common with these presses, and does not affect usability. Three of the four brass knobs could use bushings, as they spin, but you can't tell that by looking at it. The press tightens perfectly well. I am posting this to Book_Arts-L before offering it elsewhere.

It's more than just a beautiful press to have in your shop. A percussion press enables you to tighten it more than you can by hand. It is a satisfying action, and adds immensely to the pleasure of bookbinding. I will be taking detail pictures of it in case you have serious interest.

Best regards,
Richard