Re: [BKARTS] Wood French Percussion Press for Sale

Russ, I have had the same experience with Google on Bertrand. The presses are fairly rare, and much desired by bookbinders. During the last few decades they have fairly disappeared from the market. Examples that come up are often bought by booksellers to decorate high-end antiquarian shops. About 25 years ago a binder got one for $5,000. Last year a bookseller contacted me to find out about Bertand. He had just purchased one for $11,000.

If you would like to see how their clever percussion mechanism works, I put some detail pictures up at
http://minsky.com/bertrand-press.htm

Best regards,
Richard
http://minsky.com