Re: [BKARTS] artists' books cataloged on OCLC

That information (or info like it) needs to come with EVERY book, regardless of when, how, through whom it is sold. Vendors will need it for accurate catalog descriptions, and the buyer shouldn't be expected to ask for it. This happens all too often unfortunately.

p.

Good advice. However, most of the copies of my book "Some Mountains"
were acquired through Pyramid Atlantic back in 1988. Though I was
asked by a couple of places to provide the information Peter
recommends, most did not inquire and I did not know which libraries
bought the book (I just got a check from Pyramid). I'm sure this was
not intentional on anyone's part, but it does strengthen the case for
controlling one's own editions. Barbara

Peter D. Verheyen
Bookbinder & Conservator, PA - AIC
<verheyen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>