Re: [BKARTS] Stiffening Paper

Hi Colin,

Have you tried putting two sheets of paper together with something else in between them? I've done this with fabric before and it worked fairly well.

I also used to make paper "tiles" and poured the pulp into molds and let them drain, then poured more pulp in on top. It takes longer to dry, but when dry, it was stiff.

Also, I've heard of others adding plaster of paris to pulp.

Good luck!

bobbi c.
http://www.gracklestew.blogspot.com

I call upon the wisdom of the list to help me with something. I am looking for inventive ways of making my own handmade paper strong and
stiff for sculptural applications. I have tried epoxy, wax, PVA,