[BKARTS] Cataloging Artists' Books

Dear Colleagues,

I would like to add a comment to Mr. Brownson's discussion about
cataloging  artists' books. For many years now the art library community
has cataloged artists' books in a detailed manner so that these books
can be available to researchers.The records for these books can be found
in WorldCat or in the individual online catalogs  of many museum  and
academic  libraries such as the Brooklyn Museum
(http://library.brooklynmuseum.org/)  and MOMA
(http://library.moma.org/). The responsibility of cataloging artists'
books is shared by the institutions who collect them.
Best, Deirdre Lawrence, Brooklyn Museum