[BKARTS] SoCal APHA Book Club #2

Southern California Chapter, American Printing History Association
Book Club #2 Gathering
June 4, 2008 at 7:00 p.m.

We are pleased to announce the second in our series of APHA Book Club
conversations, which will be held on Wednesday, June 4 at 7:00 p.m.
in the evening. The book which gives us a structure for the meetings
is Frederick G. Kilgour’s The Evolution of the Book, which you can
find used on Amazon for about $30. We have made a limited number of
photocopies of the next two chapters, which you can request from
Richenda Brim.

We discussed the first three chapters in Kilgour on the Dynamics of
the Book, Incunables on Clay, and Papyrus Rolls at the recent
meeting. The next chapters we will concentrate on are The Greco-Roman
World, and the Codex 100-700, which includes pages 34 to 56.

We will meet again at Kitty Maryatt’s studio in Playa Vista at 7:00
p.m. If you didn’t attend the first Book Club meeting, you are still
entirely welcome. And if you cannot find time to read Kilgour, you
will still find illuminating conversations at our friendly gathering.

We are also planning a series of visits to collections which house
artifacts which we are discussing at the Book Club. Please look for
the next announcement of the upcoming visit to USC.

RSVP Richenda Brim
rbrim@xxxxxxxxx

Address: 5350 Playa Vista Drive #12
Playa Vista, CA 90094
(310) 439-2135
Park in guest parking next to the studio or anywhere on the street