[BKARTS] SoCal APHA Visit to USC

Southern California Chapter, American Printing History Association
Collections Visit #1: USC Archaeology Research Collection
May 3, 2008 at 1:15 p.m.

In conjunction with our discussion on cuneiform tablets at the recent APHA Book Club gathering, we have arranged a visit to the Archaeology Research Collection at the University of Southern California to view cuneiform tablets. We will be led by Hannah Marcuson, a USC senior, who knows a good deal about the collection and who is an enthusiastic interpreter of tablets. These clay tablets, which are around 3000 years old, are fascinating for their use in recording all kinds of information in Sumeria, site of present-day Iraq.

The date is Saturday, May 3, at 1:15 p.m. at the USC campus in the Ahmanson Center West. Exact instructions as to parking and the building location will be sent to you upon confirmation of your reservation. We encourage carpools. Please let Richenda know if you can either drive or would like a ride to the event.

You do not need to have attended any Book Club meetings to join us at this event. Reservations are limited, however.

RSVP Richenda Brim
rbrim@xxxxxxxxx