[BKARTS] Cutting binder's board precisely

Recently I have had access to a laser cutter. This does a beautiful job of cutting boards exactly. They are square, the cuts are clean, and there is almost no waste. The edges may get slightly burned, but they can be rubbed clean. This is really helpful for complicated boxes or books with very thin spines. I used it to cut the parts of a recent five part folding book and a very complicated map of Iceland for the work called The Guardians of Iceland which you can see at my website:http://web.mac.com/nettles3/Icelandic_Residency%3A_Books/The_Four_Guardians.html
There is also a video of the opening and closing of this book.

Bea Nettles Professor in Art & Design University of Illinois 408 East Peabody Drive Champaign, Illinois 61820

secretary:    217 333 0855
school fax:  217 244 7688

http://www.beanettles.com/