Re: [BKARTS] Cutting binder's board precisely

you can buy a good Jacques cutter for 5K
Dave

840 Snowdrop Ave. Victoria BC V8Z 2N4
(250)888-9380    http://www.Bookbinder.ca

Jim Karr wrote:
I don't know about Bea, but my local guy charges me $3/min for prepared files. If he has to mess with them it's more, but I give him the necessary file format and I'm good.

The most "reasonable" desktop lasers start at $10k and go up.. a place to start:

http://www.epiloglaser.com/mini24_overview.htm

I will say, be VERY careful if you look on Ebay. They have some cheap ones, but the bed ends up being 5"x9" or so, made for engraving small objects. The above has I think an 18"x24" bed with the ability to open the front, so you could put longer items inside, however still are only able to cut 18x24 areas at any given time.