Re: [BKARTS] Toronto/Vancouver

Karen, well if you come to Toronto you should go to visit Coach House Books, they are most amenable to guests.
You should also book an appointment at Thomas Fisher Rare Book Library - the rare book library for the University of Toronto, it is a Cathedral to the book. University of Toronto Libraries are online so if you want to find an excuse, there is an incredible collection of items available to peruse. Or you can always just go and look at the exhibition, whatever it is.
There are many wonderful places to go in Toronto.
If you are looking to spend money and purchase supplies nothing is finer than The Japanese Paper Place
( http://japanesepaperplace.com/ )
It is the leading N. American distributer of Japanese Paper. Bring a portfolio or rolling tubes to get it all home.
There are many other bookish things to do, but those would be quick highlights.
Feel free to email me any other questions.
Cheers,
Brian Maloney
Bookbinder/Conservator
Toronto
Hello all.

Does anyone have a favorite place to visit in Toronto or Vancouver, book related or otherwise?

I'll be visiting both in late May/early June.

Best wishes to everyone out there.

Karen