[BKARTS] Instruction/Apprenticeship in Central Illinois

Howdy!

About two years ago, I took a lovely bookbinding course, Bookbinding I, at the San Francisco Center for the Book. Unfortunately, I was too busy to put what I learned into practice, and then I moved to central Illinois.

I'm looking for a set of beginner's courses to truly learn this craft. Even more ideal would be an apprenticeship or work-trade where I did menial labor in exchange for tuition. But to find such a thing, one must locate a teacher or school.

Does anyone know book artists or workshops in central Illinois (i.e. Champaign/Urbana, Bloomington, Springfield)?

--
Dan Kappus
415.446.8419