Re: [BKARTS] Instruction/Apprenticeship in Central Illinois

Here's a link with workshop info.  http://www.lis.uiuc.edu/programs/cpd/workshops08.html.  Doesn't look like anything new is up there yet, but in the summer, more courses are likely to pop up.

  And apparently Bea Nettles is teaching this year; in the past, Jennifer Hain Teper, the Conservation Librarian at UIUC, has taught sessions too.

  evan

John Cutrone <jcutrone@xxxxxxx> wrote:
  Isn't Bea Nettles at the University of Illinois? I may have my
universities mixed up, but I think she's teaching at Champaign... and
if so, you've got an excellent teacher in your area. Her work may be
more on the arts side as opposed to bookbinding craft, but still....

John

John Cutrone
Programs Coordinator
The Arthur & Mata Jaffe Center for Book Arts
Boca Raton, Florida
http://www.jaffecollection.org

On Apr 18, 2008, at 2:48 PM, Dan Kappus wrote:
> Howdy!
>
> About two years ago, I took a lovely bookbinding course,
> Bookbinding I, at the San Francisco Center for the Book.
> Unfortunately, I was too busy to put what I learned into practice,
> and then I moved to central Illinois.
>
> I'm looking for a set of beginner's courses to truly learn this
> craft. Even more ideal would be an apprenticeship or work-trade
> where I did menial labor in exchange for tuition. But to find such
> a thing, one must locate a teacher or school.
>
> Does anyone know book artists or workshops in central Illinois
> (i.e. Champaign/Urbana, Bloomington, Springfield)?
>
> --
> Dan Kappus
> 415.446.8419
> Book_Arts-L FAQ and Archive.