[BKARTS] Greek Literature

Hi, I'm new to the community, I've been mostly a lurker but I was hoping to get some help. I'm doing a paper for school on Greek literature and I was hoping I could get some information. Does anybody know where I could get information on how the ancient Greeks recorded their writings and maps. I'm just looking for some general information, nothing too specific. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!