To: <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, April 22, 2008 11:32 AM
Subject: [BKARTS] Bio-terrorism and Bookarts--Update

Four years ago, I sent in a post about Steve Kurtz, an artist I make books
with, being charged with bio-terrorism because he had some bacteria growing
in petri dishes that were going to be part of a performance art piece.
Paramedics had seen the bacteria when they responded to his 911 call after
his wife's death from heart failure. Yesterday, at long last, the judge
dismissed the charges. The prosecution can still appeal, but for now it's
over.
If you missed the original post, you can find details of the case at
caedefensefund.org. A movie, "Strange Culture," was also made about the
case.

Beverly