Re: [BKARTS] How to print the same book on two sizes of paper

On Thu, 24 Apr 2008, Jeremy Malcolm wrote:

> Does anyone have any experience they can share about formatting a book so that
> it looks correct on both sizes of paper?

Well, I use a completely different solution from the pragmatic one
proposed by Winston (find an intermediate size that fits both sizes of
paper) -- which is to mark up the text in SGML (qv), then use a suitable
DTD (qv) for each different print requirement, whatever that requirement
might be.

But SGML is is not LaTeX; and the learning curve is pretty onerous.
Conversion from one to the other is not quite there yet (OK if you're not
using trickily-set formulae); so it's maybe something to look up under
google, but not go for yet unless you're absolutely sure what you're
doing.

But it would be my solution.

Cheers,
--
Martin Wheeler - G5FM   +44 1458 83-1103 - Glastonbury - BA6 9PH - England
mwheeler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx   http://martinwheeler.net/   http://avalonit.net/