Re: [BKARTS] Greek Literature

Mark,

You may find useful information in David Diringer's "The Hand-Produced
Book"; New York: Philosophical Library (1953).

An "unabridged and unaltered republication" was issued in paperback by Dover
Publications in 1982 with the title "The Book Before Printing, Ancient,
Medieval and Oriental.

Alan Shalette

At 01:42 PM 4/20/2008, you wrote:
>Hi, I'm new to the community, I've been mostly a
>lurker but I was hoping to get some help. I'm
>doing a paper for school on Greek literature and
>I was hoping I could get some information. Does
>anybody know where I could get information on
>how the ancient Greeks recorded their writings
>and maps. I'm just looking for some general
>information, nothing too specific. Any help
>would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!Â

Mark Arend
Oshkosh Wisc.

Outside of a dog a book is man's best
friend.  Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.
                         ---Groucho Marx