Re: [BKARTS] LaTeX [was: How to print the same ...]

On Fri, 25 Apr 2008, Jeremy Malcolm wrote:

> I actually originally formatted the book, when it was my PhD thesis, with
> DocBook.  However I found it much too limiting.  For example, there is no way,
> with DocBook, to craft an original title page, half-title page or copyright
> page.

DocBook is just *one* of an infinity of SGML DTDs which can be crafted to
produce anything you like (i.e. DocBook, like HTML is a _sub-set_ of
SGML.  It is only one instance of what may be achieved in SGML markup.)

The key is in finding the DTD which suits your purpose.
Or having one designed specifically for you.
Actual markup of front-matter, or whatever you like is trivial thereafter
-- as long as you know, and understand, what markup tags are available to
you.

As I said, the learning-curve can be onerous.  :)

Try looking up TEI.
--
Martin Wheeler - G5FM   +44 1458 83-1103 - Glastonbury - BA6 9PH - England
mwheeler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx   http://martinwheeler.net/   http://avalonit.net/