Re: [BKARTS] self-publishing via web sites

Hello All,

I am a new subscriber to this forum (digest version), and thought that I should reply to this string. My reason for reading through the Book Arts list is that I started a short run book making company about a year ago, and want to learn as much as I can. I was motivated to start the company because I am a photographer, and found the existing options - Blurb, LuLu, iPhoto, Snapfish, MyPublisher etc. to be too limiting in both format and material choice, and as a photographer, I found the print quality to be horrendous at best.

So - this is a bit of a plug for what I do. What I do not do is make 1 copy of anything cheaply, or help with distribution.

If you want to distribute a novel or poetry book, look at Booksurge for sure. Lightning Source is good, but less user friendly. If you want to make a handful of simply photo books, Blurb is likely best (though one correction is that they do not own a single printer or manufacturing facility - they outsource everything).

If you want personal service and high quality photographic reproduction, feel free to send me an email.

Ben M Zlotkin
Edition One Studios

ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.editiononestudios.com