To: <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, April 18, 2008 6:28 AM
Subject: [BKARTS] Spirit Book Series on CD

Dear Friends

Here is a bit of promotion about my latest endeavor—The Spirit Book
Series CD. Please pardon any cross postings.

Ever since I finished The Spirit Book Series in 2005, I have been
seeking a way to get it out to a wider audience. I appreciate the
relative ease with which I can assemble and share information about
my work and especially the volume of content that can be contained in
a small format.

Last summer I gave a presentation about my work to an artists' book
class. I made my first powerpoint presentation (actually created in
Mac's Keynote and then exported it) and I loved both the process and
the result. The CD grew out of that experience. It is intended for
both personal viewing and for use in a class or lecture setting. All
the offerings are in pdf format. Earlier Work, The Spirit Book Story,
and the Slide Show are also in Powerpoint and Keynote.

The CD contains:
Introduction

Earlier Work
Susan’s entry into the world of visual art came through calligraphy.
After years of interpreting the words of others, writing her own
texts led her to the more intimate form of the book.

The Spirit Book Story
Susan traces the four-year journey from garden prunings and Joseph
Campbell to the creation of Spirit Book #1 and on to the completion
of Spirit Book #50 thirteen years later.

Slide Show
A visual experience of the thirty-three books in the collection

Portfolio
Each Spirit Book has a page with an image, materials and size, and
the reason it was given its name.

The Spirit Books in Print
Articles from Bound & Lettered, Somerset Studio, Urthona, and an
essay by Rosemary Noon

Resources
Susan shares her sources for materials and an annotated bibliography
of books about bookmaking.

Spirit Book Workshop
Susan created the Spirit Book Workshop to offer others a taste of her
meditative experience creating the Spirit Books. Simplified forms
make this accessible to all.

For further information (a flyer and a sampler), visit http://
www.susankapuscinskigaylord.com/spiritbookscd.html.

in good spirit