[BKARTS] diffusion dither on letterpress

Greetings,

This is a question for the printers on the list. I want to print images on
the letterpress with a diffusion dither rather than a halftone screen. I
know 85-133lpi is fine for a halftone plate, Im just wondering what dpi in a
dither I can print at. The folks at Owosso were helpful, but couldn't give
me a definitive answer, I guess it is a slightly odd request.

I just need to know how small a dot can be and still hold ink to print. 300
dpi? can I push it to 600 dpi? (this will be printed as a dither, so lpi
does not apply).

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

-- John