Re: [BKARTS] Website with reference to printers, binders, supply sources, etc.

Been done, well established, the place to go. I'm sure other responses will cite the same source. If you want local, try the search function.

http://www.briarpress.org/

Jeffrey Barr
671 Orange St., Apt. 9
New Haven, CT 06511-2571

(203) 789-8681
jeffreybarr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Jim Karr wrote:
While I am really interested to see what sources there are here in the Chicago area (I only know of the facilities at Columbia University downtown) I thought, shouldn't there be a website that lists artisan bookbinders, letter press printers, sources for supplies in the local areas, etc. Does such a thing exist and if not, would anyone be interested in collaborating on such a project? It would require a lot of input, but I would be willing to supply the web space and hosting required for it.. but as of now, I don't know that such a reference exists. Hell, even a wiki with all of the information would be better than nothing.

Jim Karr (aspiring binder)
Jim Karr Photography