Re: [BKARTS] "The Bookbinder" or "The New Bookbinder"

Florian,

With the same interests, a few years ago I sought to answer the same
question you've raised.

My approach was to carefully evaluate the two societies' online listings of
their respective journals. You'll find fairly complete contents listed at
the following web sites:

http://www.designerbookbinders.org.uk/pub/tnb.html

http://www.societyofbookbinders.com/bookbinder/bookbinder_frames.html

Though there's a substantial overlap in the key players at both societies, I
decided to join the Designer Bookbinders because their journal seemed to
have a more interesting mix of how-to vs. binding illustrations.

I have since captured the contents of both journals in my union index of
bookcraft and book making and have attached them as .pdf files to help you
make your own decision. You'll note that the "New Bookbinder" index is much
larger than that for "The Bookbinder." This is because I was able to capture
more detail from my collection (all but one volume) than either listing
online. My index may lack contents of the last issue or two.

Happy to answer questions.

Since files will not be distributed via Book_Arts-L, I'll be happy to send
the lists directly to others in response to requests.

Alan Shalette