J. Merchant wrote:
I have some really neat waxed paper from the 40s, printed with nursery rhyme figures, which I was thinking of using as "leader" for a scroll like project I am working on, but so far, gluing looks impossible. It has to glue to wood, and the attachment has to be smooth, almost seamless. I think I'd better rethink that plan. Thanks for your responses.

Joycelyn

On May 2, 2008, at 11:00 PM, BOOK_ARTS-L automatic digest system wrote:

Date:    Fri, 2 May 2008 19:19:42 -0700
From:    Dave Allen <allen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: gluing waxed paper

Joycelyn,
Not as far as I know. I use it as a release sheet so glues don't stick
to it and I have yet to find one that does unless it really wets it and
even then it doesn't hold.
Perhaps there is something else you can use other than wax paper? What
are you doing with it?

Dave

840 Snowdrop Ave. Victoria BC V8Z 2N4
(250)888-9380    http://www.Bookbinder.ca

J. Merchant wrote:
Is it possible to actually glue waxed paper to anything? Is there any
glue which might work? I tried strong double stick tape, but that is
really not going to hold. I am thinking of trying some sort of
silicone glue. Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Joycelyn Merchant
www.bookclasp.com