Re: [BKARTS] BOOK_ARTS-L Digest - 3 May 2008 to 4 May 2008 (#2008-126)

Removing the wax did seem to be the way to go. I tried acetone which did nothing. Benzene might work, but I don't want to be anywhere near benzene.

But wow, Bill, thank you so much for your suggestion! I tested this method and it was easy, and it worked perfectly! Glued it to wood and paper and it seems to be a really strong attachment. I used a green scotch brite pad, which I happened to have handy and it worked fine, but because this waxed paper is a little thinner than usual, I had to be careful not to rub too much, else it rubbed through . But it is definitely going to work.

I also read the other suggestion to use repositionable mounting adhesive, and I bet that would work as well, and it would have the advantage of not thinning the waxed paper, But I don't have any to try, so I am going with Bill Minter's method for now.

Thanks so much. This list is great!

Joycelyn Merchant
www.bookclasp.com