[BKARTS] Take action: Don't let congress orphan your work

http://capwiz.com/illustratorspartnership/home/

Thursday, May 08, 2008

Time sensitive - contact your legislators!

FROM THE ILLUSTRATORS' PARTNERSHIP

Take Action: Don't Let Congress Orphan Our Work

We've set up an online site for visual artists to
e-mail their Senators and Representatives with one
click. This site is open to professional artists,
photographers and any member of the image-making
public.

We've provided sample letters from individuals
representing different sectors of the visual arts. If
you're opposed to the Orphan Works act, this site is
yours to use.

For international artists and our colleagues overseas,
we've provided a special link, with a sample letter
and instructions as to whom to write.

2 minutes is all it takes to write Congress and
protect your copyright:

http://capwiz.com/illustratorspartnership/home/

Please forward this message to every artist (and
artists' supporter) you know!

H.R. 5889 unanimously sailed through the House IP
Subcommittee yesterday and S. 2913 will be marked up
in the Senate IP Subcommittee today!!!!! So act now.
This will affect US AND international artists!