[BKARTS] Applying Renaissance Wax to Brushed Leather

I applied Renaissance wax to brushed leather first with a finger, then a cloth and both left a blotchy finish. I then tried heating the wax on the leather with a hair dryer and buff the leather with a cotton cloth to little if any good. I tried a search but did not really find anything of use.

Any suggestions on how to apply this wax and end up having a smooth even looking surface?

Thanks,
rj