Re: [BKARTS] Applying Renaissance Wax to Brushed Leather

while i have never used renaissance wax, we can look at the other side of
the puzzle - the leather.  lots of variables here.  "brushed" leather -
you are referring to nubuk?  sueded top grain?  splits?  what is the
tannage - veg, chrome, alum, other?  is the leather dry, oily, waxy?
finshed, as in painted?  absorbent?

in general, leather is quite absorbent of oils and waxes.  the hair dryer
will send the wax into the leather.  it is most unlikely that you will be
able to get the wax out.  whatever level of wax has permeated the leather,
your best bet may be to apply a similar level to the entire piece of
leather.

since you have a "brushed" piece of leather, it may be possible to burnish
the piece, and end up with a uniform look.

hot wax, burnishing, oils etc are often done at the tannery.  sometimes
these are part of a desireable and valuable look.